- 2 – tomahawk pork chops
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 4 teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons crushed cumin seeds or powder
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with the pink Himalayan sea salt, then brush each side with mustard. Rub the cumin and pepper into the mustard.
2. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the pork chops and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Put the skillet in the oven and bake until the chops are just cooked through, about 12 minutes. Divide among plates and serve.
Original Recipe Source: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/10397-cumin-baked-pork-chops
I found this recipe on NY Times Cooking. The recipe “Cumin Baked Porkchop” and adapted it for Tomahawk pork chops. This recipe is great if you do not have a grill but have access to a cast iron skillet and in oven.