Original Recipe Source: Diet Doctor
- 1 leek
- 1 yellow onion
- 15 oz. broccoli, in florets
- 8 oz. cauliflower, in florets
- 15 oz. sausages, precooked links
- 2 oz. butter, for frying
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- 5 oz. shredded cheese
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C).
- Coarsely chop the leek and onion. Chop the broccoli and cauliflower florets into ~1” chunks. Slice the sausage links into 1” pieces.
- Fry onion and vegetables in butter in one pan and the sausage in a separate pan.
- Put the vegetables in a baking dish, blend the mustard with the sour cream and pour over the vegetables.
- Add the sausage and cheese on top and season with thyme.
- Bake in oven on upper rack for 15 minutes.
Here are the sausages I used in the recipe. They’re really hot dogs and they were easy to heat in the microwave and were individually wrapped. The seasonings did not compete with anything in the recipe so we found this to be perfect.
Here is the sour cream, mustard, cheese that I used. All organic.
Nutritional label for the sour cream (left) and mustard (right)