1 Medium Head of Cabbage thinly sliced
1 pack Uncured Thick Cut Bacon
4 cloves garlic
Red Chilli Powder
1. Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and fry in a large pan on medium low heat to render out the fat. Cook bacon until almost done. Remove bacon and set aside.
2. In the bacon fat, fry the onion for 4 – 5 minutes. Add chopped garlic and fry for another 2 -3 minutes.
3. Add the cabbage and mix to ensure ingredients are well incorporated and coated with fat. Add salt, pepper, and red chili powder.
4. Fry on medium heat for 5 – 7 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook on low stirring every 10 minutes. Cook 20 for an al dente, 30 minutes for a tender texture
6. After 30 minutes add back the bacon and serve.