While at the Asian grocery this weekend we came across a beautiful stack of Chinese long squash in the produce department. We decided to experiment to create a pan fried fritter using the squash. We did not research a recipe but just went with our gut and were very pleased with the results.
Ingredients for Fritters
- 1 large green squash or atleast 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup Superfine Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Egg
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
Asian Dipping Sauce
- Coco Aminos (Soy sauce alternative)
- 1 tsp Finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped green onion
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Remove the outter peel of the squash and grate using a food processor.
- Using paper towels, remove as much water as possible from the grated squash.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the other ingredients and whisk together. Add the dried grated squash to the wet mixture.
- Heat a ceramic non stick pan to medium.
- Form the fritters into patties using your palms. You can also use Saran Wrap to form into patties.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter on the pan and gently drop your formed Patty on to the pan. Let it cook for five minutes or until golden brown in color. Flip and repeat.
- Allow patties to cool before serving.
Serve with your favorite Asian style sauce. Also would be excellent with a remoulade sauce.
Served with a oven roasted pork neck