- 1 lb brussel sprouts cut in halves
- 1/2 Red onion sliced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Melt butter in a large pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add red onions and saute for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar seasonings to the onions.
- Add Brussels sprouts and coat with onion and seasonings. Place the sprouts facing cut side down with larger sprouts in the middle, smaller sprouts toward the edge of the pan to ensure even browning..
- Lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 7 minutes. Move the sprouts around to achieve even browning.
- Inspect the sprouts to ensure consistent browning on the cut side and continue to move the sprouts around the pan for another few minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Remove from heat and serve!
If you are vegetarian or prefer not to use bacon, this recipe is for you! Don’t be shy to use the butter. Inspired once again by a restaurant item I decided to try another variation of Brussels sprouts; this time with red onion and balsamic vinegar.