I copied this recipe from wholesomeyum.com. and adapted it for use with the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. No need to grease the iron since there is so much fat in the recipe, it doesn’t stick.
Recipe Source: WholesomeYum.com Keto/ Paleo Almond Flour Waffles
- 1 large Egg (separated)
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 2 tbsp Erythritol (or any sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Almond butter
- 2 tbsp Butter (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Plug in your mini waffle iron to preheat
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg white to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl in the microwave, or a small saucepan on the stove, melt together the butter and almond butter. Whisk together, then add the butter mixture to the dry flour bowl.
- Add the yolk, almond milk, and vanilla to the batter. Stir until smooth.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter. Mix enough so that you don’t have pockets of whites separate from the rest of the batter, but be careful not to break down the whites too much. The batter should be light and fluffy.
- For the Dash Mini Waffle Maker: pour 1/4 cup of the batter to the preheated waffle iron. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- To make waffles crispier, carefully remove them from the waffle iron, then toast in a toaster, toaster oven, or regular oven for a few minutes.
- This recipe makes 4 mini waffles
- These can be can be frozen and then reheated in a toaster/toaster oven just as you would with regular waffles. Allow the mini waffles to cool before storing in an air tight freezer safe container or bag.
- To make waffles crispier, carefully remove them from the waffle iron, then toast in a toaster, toaster oven, or regular oven for a few minutes