Ingredients: Tex Mex Meat:
- 1 Lb 85/15 Grass Fed Ground Beef (or other such as Turkey, Pork, Chicken)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- Tex-Mex/Taco Seasoning (click to see recipe)
Step 1: Heat a pan to medium. Add ground meat to the pan until light brown. Remove the meat from the pan, set aside. Keep the fat from the meat in the pan for the next steps.
Step 2: In the fat left over from the meat. Add the diced onion and saute for 3-5 minutes or until the onions become transparent.
Step 3: Add the tomatoes to the onions and Tex-Mex/Taco Seasoning. Saute for a another 3-5 minutes.
Step 4: Add back the ground meat and cook in pan. Lower the heat to medium-low for 5-10 minutes or until the ingredients are evenly combined and meat is cooked through.
Ingredients: Plain Cauliflower Rice:
- 4 cups raw Cauliflower Rice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or Himalayan Salt to Taste
- Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Step 1: Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
Step 2: Add the raw cauliflower rice and salt to the pan and spread evenly to allow it to cook evenly. Stir occasionally
Note: The goal here is to get as much water out of the cauliflower and get it lightly browned. You will notice a significant reduction in the quantity as you cook the rice.
Step 3: Continue to cook the cauliflower rice until it is evenly light brown and the moisture is cooked out. This can take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of your cooking surface area. The larger the better.
Here are the macros for the meal as it is plated above.
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower rice
- 6 oz Tex Mex meat
- 1 oz Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 1/2 medium Avocado with salt and pepper
- 1 oz home made onion & radish pickles
Recommendations for Increasing Fat Macros
- If using ground turkey or chicken, please note that your fat will be much lower, as these are leaner meat options than 85/15 bef.
To increase the fat content of your meal, add more fat such as butter or an approved oil such as coconut oil, olive oil.
- You can add more fat by drizzling olive oil on your rice or adding salted butter before service
- Add more fat with a full fat sour cream