Never waste leftover chicken again! Even if it is the dreaded leftover chicken breast! This recipe can be made ahead using staple low carb/keto ingredients. Use a large casserole dish for family size portions or smaller glass Pyrex dishes for single serving portions that reheat quickly in a microwave the next days.
Note, My version below omits sour cream simply because it was not available and instead added a little extra avocado mayo.
- 2 portions of leftover chicken shredded and bones removed
- 2 portions of broccoli florets cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 small carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Avocado mayo
- Salt pepper
- 3 strips bacon (optional)
- Fry bacon on a large pan to desired doneness. Chop bacon and set to the side. Reserve bacon fat for veggies. You can use butter or preferred fat instead of bacon.
- Chop all veggies into bite size pieces.
3. Shred the chicken into pieces or cube after removing from the bone.
4. Sauté onions, carrots, celery for 3 to 5 min minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Then add broccoli and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally to ensure veggies are tender.
5. In a bowl whisk together mayo and cream cheese and any other seasonings.
6. Add shredded chicken to the cream cheese dressing. Add broccoli, onion, celery, carrots sauté to the bowl with chicken and creamy dressing and combine.
7. Move the mixture to a Pyrex dish add shredded cheese. Bake on 325 for 30 minutes in the oven. You can make it in one large dish for family size portions, or in smaller single serving Pyrex dishes (3 Cup) for single serving portions you can stack in the fridge for another day.
8. You will know the dish is ready when the cheese is melted and bubbly around the edges. Be careful as the casserole will be very hot. Handle with care
9. Allow the casserole cool down. What I love is that this recipe fits 2 large portions into a single Pyrex container that can be covered using the included lid and stored in the fridge and reheated later. This portion is perfect for hubby and I.
Recipe Inspiration Source WholesumYum. https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/chicken-bacon-ranch-casserole-recipe-easy-low-carb/