- 3 – 6 strips of uncured thick cut bacon
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 8 oz. fresh brussel sprouts, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Fry bacon on medium-low heat to render out the fat. Once the bacon is cooked to your preferred level, remove the bacon heat and set aside.
- Fry chopped onions in the bacon fat until clear.
- Add the brussel sprouts coating then in the fat. Place them faced down. Cover and cook for 7 minutes on medium heat.
- When finished cooking add back chopped bacon chunks/slices, toss in Brussels sprouts until evenl evenly incorporated.
For a side dish use 3 or more bacon strips. Add more bacon for a full meal.