- 6 Grass Fed Hot Dogs
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 8 oz bella mushrooms
- 2 oz butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 oz shredded cheddar
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°C).
2. Slice the hot dog links into 1” pieces. No need to precook.
3. Fry onion and vegetables in butter.
4. Put the vegetables in a baking dish, blend the mustard with the sour cream and pour over the vegetables.
5. Add the hot dogs and cheese on top and season with salt & pepper.
6. Bake in oven on upper rack for 15 minutes.
As a working parent it can be a challenge to put in a full day and still come up with a winner for dinner. That’s why it’s important to have a backup recipe that’s quick and easy to prepare, like this one. This cheesy casserole uses no nitrate grass-fed hot dogs that are ready in a pinch. The flavors are delicious and the method is easy. If you have children this is a great way to get them to eat their vegetables. You can also use sausages in place of the hot dogs. Apologies for the photo but the casserole got snarffed up before it was properly plated.
This casserole tastes even better the next day assuming there’s any leftover.
Here are the ingredients I used in this recipe