Ingredients for Crust
- 1 1/2 cup whole fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- White wine vinegar
- 1 teaapoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Rao’s Pizza Sauce
- Uncured meats/pepperoni
- Whole fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 90 seconds. Use a wooden spoon to ensure the two cheese are well incorporated.
- Add all other ingredients to the cheese and combine with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well incorporated into a dough ball.
- Drop the dough onto a large piece of parchment. Place another piece of parchment on top and shape into a thin circular shape.
- Poke holes into the crust to allow air to escape while baking .
- With the dough on the parchment, carefully transfer to a baking sheet/metal pizza round.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. This is called blind baking to allow the dough to partially bake before adding toppings.
- After 10 minutes pull out the baking sheet with pizza pan.
- Add sauce, toppings, and cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is browned to your preference.
Notes: I followed the Diet Doctor recipe (Click Here) for making the crust except I melted my Cheese’s in the microwave rather than on the stove top and I added seasonings. Watch the diet doctor video below for a demonstration.
Original Recipe Source: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/fat-head-pizza
This crust can be made thicker to make breadsticks.
Regarding Toppings: Get creative! Use pesto or garlic butter instead of pasta sauce. If you have left over Thai chicken, butter chicken, charcuterie etc get creative and turn it into a pizza topping. This crust can also be used to make a calzone.
How to make Fat Head Pizza Video by Diet Doctor