Original Recipe Source: Daring Gourmet
Steak with Creamy Chanterelle Sauce
We love our steak and mushrooms! Today we were inspired by Chanterelles mushrooms while at Whole Foods. We picked up dry aged rib eye steak, and some Rocquefort cheese when the chanterelles mushrooms caught our eye. We found a recipe for Steak with Creamy Chanterelle Sauce by www.daringgourmet.com and adapted the recipe to use what we had on hand. The recipe below uses one large ribeye steak which makes two servings.
- 1- 1 lb dry aged rib eye
- 6 oz chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs finely minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp cracked black peppercorns
- Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Carefully clean the mushrooms. Dry-fry them in a pan until most of the moisture from mushrooms is cooked out. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining ingredients and the mushrooms and bring to a simmer.
3. Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove the cover and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. The sauce will thicken and develop a deeper color.
Add more heavy cream for a thicker sauce, add more wine for a thinner sauce.
We split this recipe between the two of us . The Nutritional Info for below represents the macros for 1 serving which includes
6 oz Rib Eye and 1/2 the Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Fat: 64g per serving
Net Carb: 6g
Total Carbs – Dietary Fiber
6g = 10g – 4g