This recipe can be used for just about any type of fish. One of the challenges with fish is that it can be lean or very low in fat content. With low carb high fat diets we want the fat! The solution is in this wonderful sauce. You can increase the amount of butter to increase the fat macros meaning more sauce and more deliciousness! The recipe below is a direct copy from the Green Chef recipe card used to make the masterpiece pictured above.
Click link for full recipe card:
Original Recipe Source: Green Chef – Salmon with Piccata Sauce
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Capers (chopped)
- 1/4 oz Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/8 oz Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- After preparing the fish in a pan:
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons olive oil in pan used for salmon over medium heat.
- Add garlic and capers to hot pan. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour vegetable broth and lemon juice into pan. Stir. Simmer 3-4 minutes, or until broth reduces slightly, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat.
- Add butter.
- Carefully swirl pan until butter melts. Add about half of the parsley. Stir.